Out East Listings Quality Policy
General requirements for all listings:
- The Services are limited to residential real estate. You may not use the Services to advertise commercial real estate, which includes, without limitation, commercially zoned properties, investment opportunities, timeshares, and fractional ownership properties.
- Only legal bedrooms should be included in bedroom count and all units must be advertised as they exist today, not with the details associated with potential renovations. Out East reserves the right to update bedroom count, or any other feature/amenity of the listing or building referenced in the listing description or attributes if advertised incorrectly.
- Photographs for all rental and resale units should be of the actual unit being advertised.
- Limitations on Self-Promotion and Marketing. Out East restricts the inclusion of self-promoting information on listings and professional profile pages. This includes, but is not limited to, self-promotion on photos and media, in names and/or in listing descriptions.
- Photos and Video Walkthroughs. You may not include marketing information, including, without limitation, an Agent's name, company name, logo, phone number, and/or email address on listing photos or in video walkthroughs, whether as text, a watermark, or otherwise.
- Listing Descriptions. You may not include marketing information, including, without limitation, an Agent's name, phone number, and/or email address within a listing description.
- Profile Name and Photo. You may not include contact information or any promotional or marketing information (including a phone number, email address, website URL, promotional tagline or slogan, or discount offer) in your profile photo or as part of your name as it appears in your profile. Your name as it appears in your profile may not include titles, descriptions, or any information other than your name or your business or team name. You may not display a business or team name in your profile other than the official business or team name under which you formally provide services to clients both on and off of Zillow. Zillow may require you to provide documentation to support the foregoing.
- It is imperative that the status of each listing is accurate. If your account routinely misleads users about the status or availability of your sale or rental, we may prevent you from posting listings on Out East.
- Each property advertised on Out East requires a complete and accurate address, tax map ID, and unit number when applicable. Hidden addresses are permitted for public display purposes only.
- Out East reserves the right to request official documents for verification purposes.
- Out East reserves the right to retain all listing history and reject requests to remove or alter for the purposes of listing quality.
- Brokerages: In order to post a listing on Out East, all listing Agents must be registered with the New York Department of State Division of Licensing Services, and the full name, license number, and type, and correct contact information of each listing Agent must be made available to Out East. Out East reserves the right to request official documents for verification purposes.
- Multiple listing Agents may be shown on a single listing, but there should never be more than one copy of an active listing advertised by the same firm. In the case of a co-exclusive, each brokerage will have its own separate listing for the specified property.
- If Out East is unable to verify an exclusive agreement, we may remove the corresponding listing at any time without warning.
- All Sale listings should be posted on Out East within 24 hours of being posted on any other website or platform.
- A management company or other individual working on behalf of an owner who is not a licensed real estate agent/brokerage may only advertise a property for sale via the ‘Out East For Sale by Owner’ product.
- Agents who are posting a sale listing that does not allow buyer’s agents to be compensated, also known as “principals only” or “buyers only” listings, must either use the ‘Out East For Sale by Owner’ product or purchase Agent Spotlight when posting their listing on Out East. Out East may require an Agent to provide information on the co-broke status and co-broke percentage offered when creating a listing in Agent Tools, but Out East will only make this information visible to other industry professionals.
- Expired Exclusives: Listings will be removed from Out East 7 days after a stated exclusive expiration date has passed with an email notification sent indicating removal.
- When an Agent updates pricing (including seasonal pricing) or availability for a rental listing, those updates will be reflected across all other rental listings for that property, to offer an accurate picture of the actual, most up-to-date pricing and availability of the property.
- Out East does not advertise Single Room Offers/Rooms for Rent.
- A management company or other individual working on behalf of an owner who is not a licensed real estate agent/brokerage may only advertise a property for rent via the Out East ‘For Rent by Owner’ product.
- Seasonal Pricing: Out East supports a full-year rental price as well as seasonal price periods (e.g. Memorial Day to Labor Day, July, October, etc.) for each property. Prices should be entered in the designated property pricing fields.
- A single unit can be advertised as for sale and for rent by the same brokerage at the same time, however, only the sale listing will syndicate to other Zillow Group sites.
- In the event of a co-exclusive or open listing, only one version of the listing will be syndicated to other Zillow Group sites. Out East syndicates the earliest created listing with the disclosed address.
- Rental listings: Out East syndicates a single monthly rental price to other Zillow Group sites for each property. The Advertised Monthly Price field value at the listing level takes precedence. In absence of an entry in this field, Out East will default to the “Year Round” price at the property level, divided by 12. If the Year Round price is not available, the next available seasonal rate at the property level will be used to calculate the monthly rental price and displayed on Zillow and other Zillow Group sites (excluding Out East).